Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Back in time

On Friday afternoon I was sitting on the bus, glad to be heading home. I received a phone call from Kristen who said she was having issues with the oven. She had turned it on to cook some things, and after 20 minutes in the oven, it was still cold. So she tried the stovetop. It wouldn't light. So when I got home I tried it. Flames leapt up right away. She swore it wasnt working. Later in the evening, she went to cook again. It would light, but then blow out right away. We knew the bill for Entergy was paid, was all up to date (latest bill was due yesterday) and they can't turn it off without some sort of notification. Then we start with the cold showers. So we know something is going on with the gas. Sunday I started doing laundry as I don't was anything in hot water and don't need it. I put a load in the dryer and a load in the washer....leave for a few hours for the showing of the house. Get home, go down to the basement and find all the clothes in the dryer are still wet. I think that in my rush to get everything done before leaving the house, that I forgot to turn on the dryer. To save time and to get another load washed, I combined two loads in the dryer. Start another one in the washer. An hour later, I go downstairs.....and yup you guessed it, the clothes are still wet. Turns out the dryer is connected to the gas as well. So now half my clothes are in a mildwey pile, we can't cook anything unless it is microwavable, and we are taking cold showers. It is almost like the early days of returning home after Katrina. We checked with Entergy yesterday when we dropped off the check for this month and they said everything is and has been fine on their end....that the landlords need to look into it. They got a call at 1 yesterday saying they would check into it and get back to to me. I am still waiting. No one came out yesterday...nothing. Not a happy person right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home