Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The mania reaches a rapid boiling point


I clicked over to the internet this morning and one of the top stories was about Harry Potter. It was a story about the "people" out there that are claiming to have advance copies of the book and are posting the various main plotlines, including the ending. Why??? Why are these people doing this? Does it give them some sort of rush? Do they think people can't wait for the book and just have to know RIGHT NOW?? Those people, just don't understand nor get it. It is the anticipation of something you love, be it the release of a book, your birthday, Christmas whatever. Why ruin suprises or try to make find out the outcome to something before it happens? I am so excited for this final book. To finally hold it in my hands, crack open that never before open book, smell the freshly printed pages and turn the page to the beginning of the end. There is nothing that can replace that. I have a feeling I will devour the book in 24 hours or less....then I will reread it, slower and really take everything in. There is nothing like a good book that you literally just can't put down. Sunday afternoon I am going to the matinee for the Order of the Phoenix. Yes I have seen it already, but that doesn't really matter. I am going with 3 of my friends who haven't seen it yet. I have a feeling it may take on a whole new light after finishing the final book.

4 Comments:

Blogger WendyD said...

I share your annoyance. I feel like I'm going to have to hide from the TV and the internet until after I get my hands on the book. Like the only safe website to look at between now and then will be the bone site and then if mark spoils harry potter in some blog post i'm never speaking to him again...

6:16 AM  
Blogger boneramafreak said...

if he does that? I would kill him. how are you going to do BOTH???

6:46 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

I agree. I saw some title on my homepages about there being "leaks" and I screamed. This morning they were even discussing it on the Today Show! Thankfully I muted it and ran out of the room. Why do they have to do this? I think I'm officially on media lockdown. ha ha.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Likalia said...

Hey Stacey, thanks for the comment about buying the book and then selling it, I came to that conclusion myself (or to just give it to someone who I know collects the paperbacks). Plus that way I don't have to worry about spoilers too much. :)

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home