Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Monday, July 02, 2007

That was fun.....

Thursday after work, I went out to wwoz, the local NOLA music station. I had never been there before. I am going to start volunteering there. I was drafted by Ms. Grace who runs the music library. I am going to go in there at least once a week to organize my section and make sure the djs are putting things back properly. Fred convinced to actually make it 2 days a week, although I am not sure of everything he will be having me do!! ;) It is going to be a lot of fun. I just wished I could go between 12-2 on a Thursday.....but alas the job gets in the way.

I then walked down to Frenchmen to d.b.a. had a nice conversation with Paul and Craig before their set started. It was another amazing night of music. It was the nice end to the Thursday night run for Paul. He teased me a lot for making it everyone, even the one he missed!! ;) I can't explain how much fun we all have, it is just something you will have to experience for yourself one day. He is just a great songwriter/storyteller.

Friday night I went over to Ms. Grace's house for a lovely dinner. I also go lots of snuggling time with Henry (one month one day older than Aubrey). The company was amazing, we all had a good time. Then it was off to see Bonerama. It was nice to have them home, there was a great crowd there and really? The room was HOT. Okay maybe just where I was selling merch....and the stage. I didn't stop sweating all night.....it was nice to finally have them home, and I really hope an August date is added back at home....they need to play for my birthday.....

Saturday I went out to Snug Harbor for Matt Perrine's gig to support Sunflower City. If you don't have it, go and get it. NOLA music at its best. I always enjoy hearing Debbie sing as well.

Yesterday? I rested. Tonight? Laundry needs to get done so I can pack for Phoenix!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great time in Phoenix. I just know Aubrey will adore her auntie Stacey!

-Janice

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home