Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Friday, June 22, 2007

More

Last night I headed out to d.b.a again for what has become a Thursday night tradition. For June anyway. Paul Sanchez has been having weekly gigs there. When I got there, I found out that Paul was actually under the weather so the other two people that was going to play with him played. Sonia Tetlow and David Torkanowsky. And it was amazing. Sonia has some amazing songs, I am sitting here listening to her CD and realizing what an incredible musician she is. I knew she was a good bass player, having heard her play with Cowboy Mouth. (She is no longer with the band) but I never really heard her play the guitar or sing. Now I am sad that Paul wasn't feeling well, however it gave me the chance to experience new music. David continues to amaze me because he had never heard any of her songs and you couldn't tell at all. He also did an amazing version of "When My Dreamboat".

Tonight is a bit of a pickle. Paul is scheduled to play at Carrollton Station tonight. Sonia is also playing with him. Also just up the street? At the Maple Leaf? It is Tony Hall. I mean last Friday no one I really cared to see was playing and now 2 in one night? I love these kind of pickles and have a feeling I will be doing a bit of back and forth there. Once again I love this town.

I am also in love with the Voo Doo Fest line up. Both Bonerama and Porter-Batiste-Stoltz will be playing. The whole line up looks stellar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home