Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Monday, June 25, 2007

Weekend Wrap Up

Friday night was an amazing night of music. It was Paul Sanchez, Sonia Tetlow, Mary Lasange, David Torkanowsky and the drummer from the Iguana's. It was shorter sets as Paul still wasn't feel all that great, but you couldn't tell. The music was ON FIRE. Really, there was no other way to put it. There was a fun group of people there, including Chris Rose. Shelley, Paul's wife said I could come visit her on the set of K-Ville when she starts back up to work in a few weeks. WHOO HOO!! :) After Paul finished it was time to head to the Leaf and hear the rest of Tony Hall's set. Amazing.....then off to home. I didn't move much of Saturday. I tried watching a few movies, only to fall asleep within in 5 mins of each one. I guess my body was just tired.

That evening I went over to some friend's where we ate a lot of food and drank beer. It was nice to get to meet their neighbors and hear some interesting stories about a few people we all know....It was nice.

Yesterday I caught up on some tivo, finished up a book (I kinda gave up keeping track of the 50 book challenge....I have read at least 10-15 that haven't been put up here if not more) ran some errands, cleaned the house and watched a few movies. I caught "The Holiday" which was sweet and Marie Antoinette. I found this movie to be MUCH better than Sophia Coppola's last one. (it was soooo boring, Lost in Translation) it was visually beautiful. A little weird in areas, like the flashing of banners on a painting. It told the story, yet didn't. I felt there was so much more that could have been told, and the ending was way to abrupt for me, yet I still enjoyed the movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home