Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Friday, March 07, 2008

Good Day

Yesterday I was on WWOZ helping out with the membership drive. It was an honor bestowed upon me last fall. I had been volunteering helping out with the studio music library, and someone asked me to help out by co-producing a few shows for the fall membership drive. It was a lot of fun once I got past my nerves. So here we are at the spring membership drive and I knew that I wanted to get to at least once to co-produce my favorite show. Which I did yesterday. I had the best time. Sherwood Collins does the New Orleans Music Show every Thursday from 11-2. I wanted to steal his music collection by the end of the show. See the DJs are all volunteers as well, and most of them bring in their own music. I do want to state to those that did listen? I had nothing to do with the three Bonerama songs that were played on-air yesterday. Seriously. Sherwood always seems to play a Bonerama song during his set. He was getting ready to play one and I said, "Oh you are playing my boys!" I preceded to tell him that I sold merch for them. I think he said something like "I knew I recognized you" or something like that. Later Matt, Craig and Eric all popped in and said hi off-air. They were up the street filming a commercial with a bunch of other musicians. So Sherwood played another song. He finished the whole set up with another one. The other songs that he played? They were perfect. A lot of people called in that I knew and renewed memberships. I do believe that overall there were a lot of memberships happening that day. I will be back on this coming Sunday!! It is a short shift, but that is okay. 6-8.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

That's really cool that you are doing that!

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home