Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Sunday, March 23, 2008

First Round

I can't accurately explain the trip out to Cajun country. We went out to Houma to have some food and then the swamp tour. The plan was then to have some dinner and listen to some Cajun music and then head back to the city. We forgot that it was Good Friday, so we didn't get to have the dinner and music portion.

We had lunch at Boudreau & Thibodeau's. It was a great place, the service was excellent.

We split 2 platters and 3 appetizers between four of us. We had Boudin balls, oysters, crawfish, stuffed crab, etouffee, and many many other items. Almost all was fried. I didn't end up eating dinner at all that night. I was stuffed all day.
The tour that we took was Munson's Swamp Tours, the only one that is on private property and is an environmental preserve.
We saw about 30 gators, Herons, Egrets, an owl, woodpecker, turkey vultures, turtles, fish,racoons and some of the most beautiful scenery you will ever see.
I can't explain nor will the pictures quite do it justice. We had 8 people total on our boat and we were out there for about 2 and half hours. The silence in the swamp was what impressed us most. It was amazing. All you could hear were birds and the occasional splash as a gator slide into the water.
I will put a few more of my favorite pics up tomorrow....

4 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

That looks like such a fun day! That food looks amazing.

7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool pics (and some food pron, too!). I was born in Houma, by the way, and that's where my Mom's family is from. If you really like the swamp thing, there are tours close to the city at Lafitte and Slidell.

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's quiet in the swamp because the gators eat everything. :) L

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great pics! Love that last one!

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home