Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Movie Meme

A little time waster....please play along. :) (Thanks Pam!!)

  • Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
  • Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
  • Post them here for everyone to guess.
  • Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
  • No Googling or IMDb-ing. That’s cheating and that’s no fun.
1. Death before dishonor. Besides, have you tried running in one of these things? It's a real bitch. Pirate Movie (my sister did eventually get it. After I told her...but she knew as soon as I said it. I knew people would have a hard time with this one. Probably because either they hadn't seen it or had forgotten about it. It was an 80s "rock" version of Pirates of Penzance starring Kristy McNicol and Christopher Atkins. So cheesy and I love it)

2. You're wondering, "What is a place like me doing in a girl like this?" The Mummy (Lisa)

3. Well, what the hell did you know? Did you know how bad things were for me? No, because you wouldn't even open my letters. If you had even answered one, just one! Told me what a jerk I was, anything! But you didn't. You took your friendship away without even discussing it with me. So, thank you very much for forgiving me. But I don't forgive you. Beaches (Pam)

4. Story of my life. I always get the fuzzy end of the lollipop. Some Like it Hot ( I thought this one was a total giveaway!!)

5.Oh, Sammy's so confused he don't know whether to scratch his watch or wind his butt. Steel Magnolias (Lisa)

6.You tell them that our lives can change with every breath we take... and tell 'em to hold on like hell to what they've got: each other, and a mother who would die for them and almost did... You tell them we've all got meanness in us, but we've got goodness too. And the only thing worth living for is the good. And that's why we've got to make sure we pass it on. Where the Heart Is (again I thought someone would have gotten this one. It starred Natalie Portman and Ashley Judd...then again I watch this movie a LOT)

7. Oh I don't know. If I had survived an old lady ass-kicking I would want to brag about it. My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Kris)

8. Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place. Breakfast Club (Lisa)

9. Well, that's the thing about life, is the surprises, the little things that sneak up on you and grab hold of you. Father of the Bride (Lisa)

10. Everybody's born knowing all the Beatles lyrics instinctively. They're passed into the fetus subconsciously along with all the amniotic stuff. Fact, they should be called "The Fetals". Sliding Doors (I love this movie to death, again I knew it was a hard one...but that line cracks me up. The movie stars Gwynth Paltrow and the dude that plays the brother in the Mummy...I can't remember his name right now. I love love love this movie.)

8 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

#2- The Mummy
#5 is Steel Magnolias
#8-The Breakfast CLub

5:16 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

oooh oooh #9 is Father of the Bride! It just came to me!

the rest I have no idea

5:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#1-Is it Spaceballs? Something like that. I can't quite put my finger on it. L

9:09 AM  
Blogger boneramafreak said...

Nope, it's not Spaceballs....but you of ALL people should get it. (and probably the only one that will)
I could give you a hint if you want....

9:47 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

#3 is Beaches. I *heart* that movie. I always have the ugly cry when watching that one.

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

7 is My Big Fat Greek Wedding!

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No idea. But how fun!

7:02 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

When Mike couldn't even figure some of those out I knew they had to be pretty obscure!

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home