Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Thursday, April 24, 2008

It Begins

I am sitting here with what is probably my 4th or 5th printout of the Jazz Fest cubes. Going through and marking the acts I want to see. Some stay constant, others are added. Really none go away. Unless I clone myself there is no way I can FULLY enjoy every musical act I want to see. We all know that it will change again anyway. Some people have their cubes laminated. I kinda understand that, and would do it as well but it is a waste of money for me because in the end, it will change. I have two color of highlighters with me this time. It is time to get a bit more serious about my planning. See I am helping out WWOZ on a few days and I need to remove the acts from the time I am working. This weekend I am going to be at the will call booth for a few hours handing out brass passes. Next weekend there will be a few hours spent in the hospitality tent. I obviously won't be making any of the sets in those times. So acts must be removed. *SOB*

It is an almost delicate science really, working out your jazz fest schedule. You want a nice mixture of the bands you know and love, the ones that someone told you about (ya know that one night in the club and they just raved about a certain band?) and for some, it is about seeing the big money makers. Because really when else are you to see Billy Joel for under $50? (providing that you bought your tickets before the price went up)

Tomorrow morning I am shooting to be there in time to see a couple of the first acts. Right away we run into a scheduling conflict. One is a band I love, the other I have heard a few songs on the radio and told you really have to check them out live. As long as I have crawfish bread I can make it through the day.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CS has his brass pass. He'll keep an eye out for you! HAVE FUN!!! And pls blog abt it all!

7:13 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Give us some Twitter updates through the day. Let us know who you are enjoying!

5:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of those computer braniacs out there needs to write a program like "Cube Handler 3000" to make Jazz Fest scheduling easier. Make it easy for newbies, too. It could ask questions about musical and food preferences and print out a suggested schedule and route on a map.

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home