Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Friday, March 05, 2004

Its been a trying week. Well more like just half a week. A few different things have happened to make my emotions ride a roller coaster. First work has been insanely crazy but that is a good thing. I like being busy at work. Now that Matt has taken on more accounts, I have become swamped. I now work on every account that we have here at Publicis. Now if we could just win a few of the big pitches we are working on!!

Next one of my most favorite co-workers is leaving. Tyson is one of the best people you could ever want to meet/have in your life. I am gonna miss having him around. He just has a wonderful quality about him....I couldn't bring myself to go out last night for his "farewell" drinks. Today we are taking him out to lunch. I think I can handle that. I think over all more than a co-worker, he has become a good friend and those are hard to come by. I know I will still get to see him, but now just not on a daily basis.

The most powerful blow this week happened during my regular eye exam. I have a new doc (the old one no longer uses my insurance). Dr. Kelly is young and very good looking. However...he did find a, I guess the best word to describe it, is a problem. My eyes have a abnormal amount of fluid in them. It is causing my retina to "wallpaper" such as when you wet some wallpaper and it bubbles. It will eventually lead to a retinal tear/detatchment which almost always leds to blindness. Not fun. About 5-8% of people with nearsightness experience this problem. I have had noticed a lot of "floaters" and a few flashes as of late, but for some reason didn't think much of it. Now I realize that these are symptoms of this. Everyone has floaters now and then...spiderwebs/black spots, ect. that look to be floating in front of your eyes. It is however floating in the gel like area behind the eye and in front of the retina. I have to go back in on Tuesday for a consultation with one of the surgeons. They will determine if I need a laser surgery to seal off the retina. Not something I was expecting.

Alas this has become the focus of the lovely $$ issues. Not really clear yet as to how much I will be paying and how much Blue Cross with be paying. I won't be getting to FQF this year like I had been planning. And it will definetly make my move to NOLA take a little bit longer. But none of that matters, what does is taking care of this problem so I can continue to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home