Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Friday, January 07, 2005

I am so freakin tired. My legs ache....my whole body aches. But its all for a good reason.....a night of Bonerama can do that to a body. ;) They didn't go on till almost one and off at almost 3. I was there a little before 10, Mark had called and told me where he had stashed the merch stuff....and I wanted to make sure I got it all set up so more people could take advantage. I was in the back corner by the stairs and the sound booth. A few people did wander over to to look, but not many. The guys all eventually showed up around 11:00 or so. Most came over and said hi....Mark came over and asked for condoms. LOL they are trying to actually get some to sale...that will be cool if it works out. Bert wants magnets. Craig made sure I had beer at all times, and Brian kept me company for awhile. The second band was fine...but way too mellow for a MG kick off party IMHO. The Bones were really on fire last night....I thought the sound was awesome when I got away from my corner.....by the end of the night I had only sold 2 cds and a t-shirt....the guys were suprised I had even sold that much, as that crowd ususally doesn't buy things....But as Kristy pointed out, most everyone in NOLA has a copy by now. ;) (side note as I type this Bonerama is being played on WWOZ) Mark did ask me at the end of the night if I would sell merch at Tips on the 21st. I said if I can get over there in time...as I was going to the Offbeat awards. I think its doable to do both, since the awards happen first...I can see the Bones play, then head over to Tips after. After dealing with the money with Mark, I went out to catch a cab...there was no way I was gonna walk to the streetcar at 3:00 AM. the street was practically empty except for one couple waiting for a cab as well....I called one and proceeded to wait. Steve, Brian, and Craig all came out soon after....Craig didn't want me to take a cab, but I was live in the totally opposite direction from him. So he started asking who could give me a ride home....Bert was trying to decide whether or not to go home or go to a bar, so he was no good....Brian drove by after about 10 mins and saw us all still standing there, he was going to give me a ride home, but by that time Jeff the new drummer offered to give me a ride home. I think thats his name....i was the first "Bonerama babe" that he had met. He asked if it was true that all of us were in love with Doug....and I said um NOOOOOOOO. He is actually good friends with Doug and that is how he got the gig. He was a pretty nice guy.....he has been spending most of his time playing with Theresa Anderson. He will be playing the gig on the 21st for Offbeat and then Doug will play the Tips show. It won't be the same without Craig there though!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home