Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Friday, May 13, 2005

Almost 8 years ago

Have you have had those moments where you go "Oh my god, I am OLD" and I don't mean old with one foot in the grave, but old as where did the time go??? Every Friday from August to May, I get an email from the University of Montana, kinda an update on things that are going on around campus, updates on the sports teams and what not. I just received the last issue until August, as graduation is tomorrow. It got me to thinking, wow, my graduation from college was on May 17th, 1997. Holy shit that was 8 years ago. EIGHT!!!!! I have spent more time in the "real" world than I did in college. It still feels like yesterday sometimes, and while a lot has happened, I am not where I thought I would be at this point in my life. Not that I am unhappy where I am, its just not what I thought I would be doing, or at least where I thought I would be when I was a little girl. I remember when I was 8 and probably up to 10 years old, when we would go to visit my grandma and grandpa. At the time they were living in Bremerton, WA. (who knew that 12 years later I would be living in the pacific northwest) My two youngest aunts were still at home. They were 16 and 18 at the time. And I looked up to them. I thought they were the coolest of the cool. I would hang out with them while they would get ready to go and hang out with their friends, put on their makeup and did their hair. I couldn't wait until the day I was as cool as them, and my baby cousins looked up to me! That was one of my "goals" when I was little I guess. To be cool like my aunts. While I don't think I reached their status of coolness, I did okay. Since my parents had married young (16 & 18 and just celebrated their 32nd anniversary) I kinda got it in my head that I would be married young too. Not THAT young, but young. When my sister got married, she was 23. Okay, so by then I would be married.....have kids young....and just be living. Well here I am. 4 months and some odd days from turning 30. I am not married, with no possiblity of that happening anytime soon. And I sure as hell don't have any kids. Some days that does really bother me. Because since I was young...thats really all I wanted to have my "own" family. Then I have days where its "I am free and can do what ever I want and am responsible for only me" and its a good feeling. I mean if I had for some odd reason gotten married or was attached or had kids, the chances of me having moved to New Orleans would be slim to none. Its kinda funny where life takes you. Its a fun ride to be on.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, I remember 30....seems like eons ago,lol!

Life never turns out the way you planned. I never thought I would be married, with two kids, living in the same dumb ass town. I had planned on being a marine biologist, splitting my time between the Caribbean and Cape Cod.....

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home