Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

More Players Stuff

After I finished posting yesterday about the Mountaineer Players, I emailed one of the producers and grilled her about what was going on. Her youngest is playing Tiger Lily, and the stage manager is Katie McCoy. Katie's first show with the Players was also my first show, "Fiddler on the Roof" that was back in 1997. She has been in almost every show since. I think she took one year off....I believe it was during "Secret Garden". A magical thing happened that first year for Katie, she met Craig McCoy. Craig has been doing shows for the Mountaineers for years, and years, and years. Since he was a little boy. They met, fell in love and eventually got married. They are the sweetest couple ever. And Katie makes the BEST cookies EVER. Every weekend rehearsal that we would spend out there, out came the cookies. Katie's cookies!! Katie's cookies!!! It was so easy to get the kids under control with those around. Katie had also emailed me, saying that she missed me, but was having fun with this year round job. It is her first time as Stage Manager. I wish her all the luck, and know that she is having the time of her life.

So Gala's daughter Amy Beth is Tiger Lily, I know she is having a blast. I bet she was bummed when she didn't get the part of Wendy. Its an interesting dynamic when you have two families that are really close as the Estills and the Lindvalls are. Nancy Estill and Gala Lindvall are co-producers. The Lindvall's are a family of 5, one son and two daughters (Eric, Anna and Amy Beth) The Estill's are a family of 4, two daughters (Sarah and Jenny) The girls are all very close in age, and are very close in their personal lives. When it comes to audition time...it gets tricky. Because it was often that the two oldest (Sarah and Anna) would be up for the same role as would be the two youngest. It was really hard during the casting of "Sound of Music". Each girl is capable of carrying the roles they are up for which makes it even harder, and when your mom is a producer, it gets even harder. "Sound of Music" was a circus for many reasons, and casting was just the start. But the girls always take the casting very well and are very supportive of one another. The last show I did with them, "Wizard of Oz", we double cast Dorothy. Anna and Jenny. By this time, Sarah had graduated High School and was at college, therefore couldn't do the show. It was also Anna's last show as she was graduating that spring. It was a treat for me to see both girls in the role....bringing something just a bit different to it. Amy Beth is the one with the real desire to be a full time actress, I bet she will do it. I met these people back in 1997, I was 22 fresh from college. The kids were from I would guess 9 to 12/13 years old. I am shocked when I realize that Sarah is in her 3rd year of college, Anna her second, and if I am not mistaken...Jenny is graduating this year. Man that makes me feel old. Anna is going to actually be here in New Orleans at the end of the month. She is studying music, she plays ready for it?? ready?? Trombone and Euphoniom. I kid you not. I know exactly who I will be introducing her to when she is here. I have shared with her both Bonerama and Mulebone, right after I got their CDs and she seemed to enjoy it. I am excited that I will get to see her!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home