Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Monday, May 09, 2005

http://www.wilwheaton.net/cgi-bin/mt/mt-tb.cgi/1503

Its entries like this that make me miss working on shows. I haven't actually "missed" not doing theatre work until this weekend. When I realized that had I still been in Seattle, I would be 2 1/2 weeks away from opening a show with the Mountaineer Players This year they are doing Peter Pan. Eh. I am sure that it would be a technical headache doing that show in the outdoor setting. I wonder who they roped into being Stage Manager this year. Okay....just clicked on the publicity photos link...and for the first time in 9 months I missed Seattle. I am missing a show that Christy Gordon is in!! I have bugged her for as long as I have known her to do another show. Now that I have left...she has. Jenny Estill is Wendy Darling....Jenny is one of the smartest girls I have ever met. I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to her as she was in INDIA for the summer. And Cooper as Peter Pan???? I can't express how proud I am to see that. In fact I had tears in my eyes. Cooper started doing shows with us, I guess it was my third year. Secret Garden. And he was a crow. Yes a crow. He would make me laugh hysterically, as only a 9 year old can with his crow impressions. He was/is a hard little worker. The next year he was Winthorp in Music Man. Before his first entrance, he would be so nervous that it became the practice for me to find him in the wings, and he would just grab my hand and squeeze as tight as he could. Then he would run onstage. I would spy him across the stage waiting for various entrances, doing his crow impression, cracking me up yet again. In fact, last year when I went to a performance of "Oliver!" (I decided to not do the show to prepare for my move) he ran up the ampitheatre stairs, fell flat on his face, stood up and did the crow impression. And to see that publicity shot of him singing "I Gotta Crow" just brings a smile to my face. Seeing Scott Baker, Tom Randall, just all of my "kids" old and young. I do miss them. I miss that family atmosphere we had. I am though, still kind of glad that I haven't done any shows since moving here. Working on show after show since 1997 took a toll on me, so while I miss some aspects of it, I don't miss others. Besides here I get to have somewhat of a social life, see all the Bonerama gigs and help them out with merch. But I do miss my "theatre family" from the Forest Theatre.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home