Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Monday, May 16, 2005

Where to Start?

I had a very very nice weekend. How could you not with friends, good music, and lots of wine? Oh and seeing Matthew FREAKIN McConaughey and having him utter "are you sitting here" to me. More about that. I am gonna go to the beginning of my weekend.

First of all Friday evening. I went to run some errands right after work and decided to swing by and see if Eric happened to be working. It had been a couple of weeks since I had seen him, he wasn't there, but Marti my other favorite bartender was there. She informed me that Eric was no longer working there!!! OH the horror. We will have to get to the bottom of this. I then ran home and changed and then went out to Tips. On my way there I picked up a little something for the guys, as a thank you for being so nice all the time. I got 2 bottles of my favorite wine, Luna di Luna. They seemed to enjoy it, I saw Craig hold up one of the bottles during the show. The set was awesome. Again a little too short for my liking, but thats okay. I got a lot of people to sign up on the mailing list and sold out of the "Live from New York" CD and sold a few shirts. I was pretty happy with that. Ivan Neville's Dumpsta Funk totally and completly kicked ass. It was some solid groovin funk. Craig came out for a bit and kept me company during that set, then he went and sat in for the last half of the set with Mark. It was a great time.

Saturday I went and had a mani/pedi morning, then home to get ready to head out to the winery. It was a beautiful area, the wine was great, not the best I have had ,but not the worst either. I was the only one who enjoyed the white, it didn't taste like vomit like Mark Braud said it did. I think he has a block on white wine, later at Blue Nile he didn't like their white wine either. I wish I had taken a camera out there. They did a second line through the vineyard, and at the end of the night, most of the kids that were in attendence were dancing on the stage. Gabby, a young girl who I have seen at several other of Craig's shows, also sang. The first one, "Bourbon Street Parade" was good. However "When the Saints" was bad. Not the guys playing, but she didn't know the words to it. Oh well. Everyone seemed to have a great time and thats what matters. I even sold several CDs for Craig. After the show, we loaded up and headed back into town where Matt, Mark and Craig all played with Ingrid. That was a nice set as well.

Yesterday I went to see my boyfriend's new movie Kingdom of Heaven. While I enjoyed most of the movie there were some of the fight scenes I didn't like. The way some of them were filmed, it made it almost like a strob light effect. Also the sound in the theatre wasn't all that great and some of the words were lost. Then last night, I went to One Eyed Jack's to see the Burlesque show that happening there. Mark Braud was sitting in for the trumpet player. While standing there waiting for a drink at the front bar, this guy asks me "Are you sitting here?" that was Matthew. I didn't realize right away thats who it was, and after the show, he was still at the front bar. It was so him. He does look fantastic in person. I didn't want to leave, but it was loud in the bar and it was hard to talk with Mark. And that was the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home