Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Friday, June 24, 2005

Holy Birds Batman!!

There is an apple tree right outside my bedroom/bathroom window. I didn't realize it was an apple tree until just recently when, well the apples started growing. I mean, this is my first full summer here in NOLA. Anyway, I keep looking out the bathroom window every morning, wondering when the apples will be ready for apickin'. Some of them are looking pretty good, and there was this one at the very top of the tree that I have really had my eye on. Of course I have no idea how I will get to it, I just know I want it. Until this morning that is. The tree always has a lot of little birds coming and going, which drives Liza nuts. She will sit on my bed and just stare out the window, and every once in awhile, will try to get the birds. As I am doing my makeup this morning I realized "damn those birds are being really loud this morning" So I look out, to find the offending birds, and there perched right by MY apple, was a wild parrot. As I watched he started eating my apple. And making happy parrot sounds...and staring at me like "I dare you to stop me". Now my perfect apple is no more. He took maybe four bites out of it then disappeared. I have a feeling he is going to bring back a big party of the wild parrots that are here in the city and they are all going to nosh on my apples. Which I don't think are quite ready yet....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home