Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Biggest Loser

We are playing Biggest Loser here at work. No I don't mean who has the worse life kinda deal...but who can lose the most weight in 6 weeks. We weighed in today, and paid $10. When the 6 weeks is up, the person who has lost the most...wins the $$$. We should be ending it at the end of July. This is perfect timing. I have been meaning to get my ass in shape again. Since losing 70 lbs a few years back....I have put some back on. Of course living in New Orleans hasn't helped much at all. Fried food and lots of beer. However, I have been getting that bug to lose the weight again. I needed some extra motivation. I mean, I knew I wanted to lose the weight before my 30th. Cuz I want to wear a really cute dress, that I have yet to find. So if I can win this challenge, I will get the $$$ from it, which in turn will buy me the cute dress. See how that all works out? I honestly don't think the eating better will be the problem. I can get my butt out walking and other various workout regiments (without having a gym membership that should be fun) Its the drinking beer part that will be hard. Really. Your out in New Orleans...listening to some great music...and you have a few. A nice cold beer on a really hot summer steamy day? That is just awesome. When I lost my weight before..I had a great support system. It was with a bunch of girls on connick.com But after awhile? I couldn't handle it anymore. There are several girls (all very nice) who are skinny, who are in shape, who are obssessed with this whole thing. I mean if they aren't within their "goal" weight (which they were/are) yet still working so hard....it was discouraging to me. Here I was working hard...losing the weight, but the feeling I got was "your never fully happy with your weight" It was depressing. If they weren't ever happy...how could I be? I know it was all in my head, and still is. But the positive support I got, all of a sudden seemed discouraging to me. So I stopped participating in it. And wouldn't you know? Even though some of the weight came back on, I wasn't as depressed anymore. So I am gonna kick some ass on this. Lose the added back on weight, and win.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Stace! You can do it!

If I lived down there i would weigh 500 lbs...just be strong and stay motivated!

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home