Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Monday, June 20, 2005

What the?

I was so confused this morning...okay I am confused MOST of the time..however when I woke up, first thing I thought of was "Its Tuesday morning and I don't remember going to work yesterday" I seriously thought I slept through Monday. Then I thought I had blown off work completly. I guess its because it was a nice relaxing weekend. That must have been it. Friday night Carrie, Adam and I went to harrass Mark Braud at Palm Court. He was sweet as always...fun to talk to and of course to hear play. The lady that was singing with the band was SO much fun. I lurve her. We also got to chat with Lucien.....and he even sang a duet with the said lady. LOVED LOVED LOVED that. Saturday dawned and I just hung out at home for awhile...then went and saw Crash. I very highly recommend everyone see that movie. It is beyond excellent, and really gets you thinking...I need someone here to go see it...then we can talk about it. I then went and got Dad's father's day gift and finally picked up Harry's new cd "Occasion" I know...I know....bad Harry fan. But I had to wait for the $$. It is, of course a great CD. I just keeping thinking of "crystal clear" when listening to it. I also picked up a few new books, one of which I have devoured already....I love books like that. Sunday was just more...reading and talking to friends on the phone...planning everything we are going to do, rather they are going to do (I am tagging along for some of it) when they are here in July. I also got to see eppie #2 of "Into the West" I have gotten sucked into that series on TNT. I was a bit apprehensive on watching it this week. I had read an article in a Televison weekly mag that we get here at work....it was about the mis-treatmeant the Native Americans received onset. Things like, shooting going later than planned (no biggie that happens alot) however they would get to eat breakfast and lunch, provided to them, and then when shooting went longer...the dinner was for the crew and the lead cast...not for the extras. If they did take food from the catering table, they were asked to leave the set for good. The tutors were not supplied for the children, as were promised. Big union no-no. Several were promised more money for their bump-stunts (falling off horses, and what not) and still haven't received that extra money. The costumes of course were minimal for the extras...and the weather was extremely cold for the shoot. They were provided one heater for all the extras. The article indicated that a lot of the white extras weren't treated much better either. I just kept thinking of that as I watched the 2nd part last night. There were many, many other things I had going through my brain as I watched. I was shocked beyond belief when they showed the sun dance in the first eppie. It is such a sacred ceremony...that I am surprised the Lakota people were okay with it being aired. Not that it happens a lot anymore, but still. There are plently of things that the Salish won't let people video during the Arlee Pow-Wow. I am pretty sure I will keep watching it, although it saddens me to think of the troubles that happened on the shoot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home