Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

I should have known

I know better than this. I really and truly do. This morning, I wasn't moving as fast as normal. Why? Just because. I finally get out the door, and head for the bus (used to do the streetcar but the bus is faster) and halfway to the bus stop I see the bus leave. Which is cool, normally because another one leaves 10 mins later and its convienently already sitting there, so I can hop on and wait in the cool AC. This of course would be the day that I forgot to grab my handy dandy packet of oatmeal for breakfast. I could have run to the store by the bus stop, but I didn't realize til later that I didn't have the said oatmeal. I figure, I am passing the bakery on the way to work, I can stop and grab a goodie. I walk in, already late for work, and stand there for 2 minutes...and don't get helped, the girl doesn't even turn around. No one else is in the place. I turn around and walk out when it was clear I wasn't going to get any service right away. By that time, I should have been to work 5 minutes ago. So, no breakfast this morning. Okay...planned on taking an early lunch. And here it is..almost 1 and I am still waiting. Of course I couldn't go right at 12, as I had a meeting to set up in the conference room, and I just finally got that all settled into about 15 mins ago. Yet still I sit, waiting slightly impatiently, hungry enough to eat a horse. I want food. Any kind of food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home