Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Saturday, November 12, 2005

It's about time

I wrote the following on Thursday night, well typed it up but the coffee house I was at (and am at right now) was having issues and I couldn't get online. But here it is. Not that it was worth the wait and aggrevation. The last thing I wanted to do last night was to come down here and get online. I almost did though at one point, as the boy sent a pic to my camera, and I don't have a camera phone. But it tells me to go online to view the pic. I restrained myself however. :)

I don’t think I have stopped moving all week. I am looking forward to the weekend, so I can sleep. Maybe I will have enough energy to actually rearrange my room like I had planned last weekend. Yesterday when I got home from work Roger, Elyse, Amy and Bobby came over to pick up most of the furniture that had been left downstairs. All that is left is the ottoman and dining room table. The dresser for Leroy and Katja will either be moved upstairs or to Elyse’s for them to get when they get back from Finland. The furniture move lasted for about an hour and a half, not sure what the landlords will do with the other things left (food, clothes, books, and other random items). We then had a potential roomie come look at the place. That could be interesting if he moves in. By the time he left it was time to run to Palm Court to see Leroy and Katja. They had some mail for me, plus I wanted to see them before they left. I got home earlier than "normal’ around 11:30ish. That’s not so early when you have to be at work at 7:30 AM. Today after work I am hoping that I can rest a bit. However I think Roger and Elyse may pick up the rest of their things. Carol had also told me last night that Rock-N-Bowl is opening for the first time since the storm. That is kinda "I gotta be there for that!!" We will see how I do. I also hope to get online tonight. I am actually handwriting this at work right now. I am sharing a desk with someone right now and she has work to do and I am just answering the phones. Once I am more acculmated to the place, and her computer is up and running, they will give me more work to do. My co-worker showed me pictures of her house yesterday, she lived in Violet whichis in St. Bernard Parish. They were amazing and heartbreaking. Her "SO" lived by Murphy so all his stuff is covered in oil, from the spill that happened. She also showed me a great website www.sbpg.net that has a link for photos. We just clicked on the first link on that page and it took us to a site that had about 25-30 more links. All pics from the St. Bernard Parish. I think its important that people see these. While Orleans parish was hit hard, so were these areas. While I can go and sit in the Quarter and have an amazing bowl of Gumbo, have some wine, hear music, live in my house (roughing it according to some) the people that live in St. Bernard Parish may NEVER get to go home. They literally lost everything. I am continually reminded how lucky I am, how amazing my friends and family are. The city and surrounding areas are struggling hard and its going to be a long uphill battle, but it’s a battle that will be won.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those pictures were so incrediblely sad, but you're right, people need to see them!!

Did you make it to Drunk and Bowl? I cant wait to do that agin when we come down in, what I think 100 days?

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home