Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

This was the entry I typed up for yesterday. I haven't had time to post it until now. I am a day behind on everything today. Again, lots more running around today, 2 interviews, getting lost in Metarie, windows didn't work on my car on my trip to my first interview. They have worked since then and before then. So I showed up to my first interview a sweaty mess. I need good car karma please. And I need to eat again.


Progress Made
Today was a very productive day. I ended up going to the Westbank, doing the testing and all that fun stuff for the agency. By the time I got home I had at least 4 voice mails for other interviews. By the time I finished listening to them, I had a phone call from the agency I had just been at, they offered me a reception position at a company in the CBD. I am going to start there on Wed. I am however going to have 2 interviews tomorrow. The position starting on Wed. is a long term temp, with the possibility of a permanent position. Work is a good thing. I asked if I could start on Wed rather than tomorrow, because I need to get the car insured, licensed and get my LA licensed. I found out that my unemployment has finally arrived, so have been trying to arrange how I will get it from where it was sent. I am also getting my FEMA check tomorrow. So money coming in will be a good thing. The girls that lived downstairs came for the last time this weekend. They left a lot of things behind, one of them gave me a key, and I have been doling out the left over furniture to the people that don’t have anything. Most of it is now claimed and going to good homes. We finally got a dorm fridge this weekend thanks to Annette, cold soda, water and beer!! Things are coming together nicely, and that is a good thing. We just need to find a roomie for our extra room. The hope is to have someone by Dec. 1. I am less stressed than I was this morning. I am so so so tired right now. It was just a crazy hectic day, another one tomorrow, then I start work. I have a feeling that some Tylenol pm will be taken tonight so I can have a good night’s sleep. Maybe eating more than one meal a day would be a good thing too. I can’t make anymore coherent thoughts right now. Not that they have been coherent anyway.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Stacey!

Jackie

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home