Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Cool Thing

So on Friday night, we were on our way to meet Leroy and Katja for drinks at Coops. We found a parking spot on Gov. Nicolls one car length away from Decatur. Coops is located on Decatur. The car in front of us was a van. The trunk was open to the van, and a few people were standing around on the sidewalk next to the van. What was in the trunk of the van you ask? Only the holy bible to all New Orleans music lovers. It was the Offbeat. I think I squealed when I saw it. We got out of the car, and Lisa decided to go and check out the store Gargoyles, they crossed the street and I slowly walked past the van eyeing the goodness that lay within. I was estatic. Then I saw who was sitting in the passenger side of the van, it was Jan Ramsey, the editor-in-chief of Offbeat. I started to cross the street to catch up with Lisa and Dia and I thought to myself, screw it. I went back to the van, they had just closed the trunk. Jan was still standing there. I asked for a copy. She said, "of course, its September's issue, you don't mind do you?" "Nope I never got that copy" "well that's because its been sitting at the printers till this week, you don't know good this makes me feel, here take two copies"
That rocked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home