Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Monday, January 30, 2006

The bags...oh the bags.....

I am getting old. I don't know how the boys do it. They are crazy insane. Must be part of the reason why I love em. Friday night at Tipitina's they opened for the Rad's. They also sat in on the Rad's sets. While I had fun...I felt the set was a little "off" not that it was bad or horrible or anything, it just was "off". It may have just been me of course. I love the Rad's fans. They are so much fun and crazy. I had a good time talking to alot of them both nights. Friday, it was after 3 when the sets ended....by the time we got back to my house it was after4. I realized at that point that I had almost been up for 24 hours. I didn't move much on Saturday but to sleep and get some food. Watched a little TV and felt extremly guilty that I didn't make it to the AWK site. I didn't think I would be much help with my headache (not from drinking). I found out later that Craig made it there, and played a gig with the Storyville Stompers and made it to Tipitina's that night. The man must be made of steel. Saturday night's set by the guys was much better. I heard songs that I hadn't heard in a long time, and some I haven't heard at all! (at least played by Bonerama) I had a good time that night. Apparently someone else did as well...the gentleman had so much fun he passed out! It was a mini-drama right before the Rad's hit the stage. They had to carry this guy out front, try to get a few people on the phone including 911 and several people's phones kept cutting out. I was trying to call one person, who at that time was onstage introducing the Rads, someone else eventually got 911. Luckily there was a doctor coming in to see the Rads and was able to help a bit. The guy had forgotten to take his insulin shot or something. Within a few minutes he was standing up and talking...I didn't see him come back in, and the show continued. It was a bit of excitement beyond the music. Matt had a couple killin solo's during the Rad's second set that really set the place on fire. Of course so did Mr. Mullins. At one point, Dave Malone said "that is a fuckin TROMBONE!!" yeah you right. So the bags under my eyes are totally worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home