Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Friday, March 03, 2006

The Complete Wrap-up

Yeah right like I can remember everything that happened in the past week. Its been a week! since all the kicked into high gear. If you saw any news coverage, that was only a very small part of Mardi Gras. I have heard they showed a lot of Bourbon, which was expected. Um, Hi that is the tourists down there not all the locals. But whatever. There are people out there (and here) that still don't understand how/why we could have had Mardi Gras. You don't understand and you don't get it. For the people, a large majority of the people, who have made it back home and have been here since "The thing" happened or home right after, this was much needed release, forget for a few days if possible, need to remember that there is a life beyond mold, muck, depression, failed levees, lack of leadership. People needed to have fun. And fun was had. Here are highlights of my Mardi Gras:

  • Dr. Love on Frenchmen street. (Pic can be found over at Lisa's)
  • Flat Stanley, it was all about you wasn't it???
  • Blur
  • Muses those girls are one of the best Krewes around.
  • Sassy bands
  • Ugly Dog fun
  • Bonerama/Krewe of Oak (Lisa and Wendy have pics of this night)
  • Gayle and Mike actually showing up.
  • Mike falling asleep during the gig.
  • My sister being here.
  • My sister getting to see Bonerama for the first time at Harrah's.
  • Copper Monkey.
  • Field sobriety tests given by Trooper Mulvey (yeah you didn't pass either)
  • Bacchus.
  • Orpheus Ball.
  • The sunny sunny sunny wonderful weather on Fat Tuesday which left me sunburned, tired and happy after St. Ann's.
  • Cherry Bombs.
  • $60.00

Have I said how much I love living here???? Even today walking to work, I got the goosebumps when I thought "I actually LIVE in New Orleans" and to think that 6 months ago.....I had the fleeting thought that this was not going to actually happen again. Just proves that you need to live everyday to the fullest.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was an amazing time wasnt it? 6 months ago I was so worried that it would be years before there would be another MG, I should have known better, that the spirit of NOLA can not be kept down, and the people of NOLA proved it this past week. I am honored to have been a part of it all. Keep up all the great work, you rock stacey, you and everyone down there who REFUSE to give up!Love ya girl!

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah you right!

If any town, any community needed a party, it's New Olreans!
Glad y'all had fun and kept the Mardi Gras Spirit Alive!
Hopefully, I can join y'all next year!
-Kristy

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I passed the field sobriety test with flying colors. Remember, I was administering them so I get to make the decisions. YOU FAILED!!!!!

BLUR(guess what finger i'm holding up?)

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home