Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Monday, March 20, 2006

I should NOT be this tired

This was a nice weekend that just passed.....Friday night Kristen and I jumped on the bus and headed down to the Quarter. We giggled at the gaggle of Tulane girls that got on the bus. They were planning the "pubs" they wanted to hit. One of the girls asked the group, "Do you guys have IDs?" The answer was no. And one of them was wearing there senior prom T-shirt for 2005. Yeah better planning next time ladies. Turned out they were going the same place as us, Molly's. Whenever I saw them that night, they were outside, no drinks in hand. We had a great time, and winded down the evening at Cafe Amelie where Leroy was playing. Saturday was spend with the Arabi Wrecking Krewe as we tackled a new house. There were a lot of people there to help, thanks to the Vets who came out. That is Veterans. They were in town for part of this walk/march protesting the war. I believe they started in Bilioxi. Yesterday there was a big anti-war rally out in Congo Square that they also took part in. Anyway this house, the back yard was transformed from a jungle of downed tree branches and debris to a clean prairie. Almost all of the inside was cleaned out. The roof was finally tarped. Next comes some demolition....it was a good day. I fell asleep at 9:30!!! Of course that meant I was up at 6:30 yesterday. Kristin had to run to Target so I hitched a ride. We also stopped at Barnes and Noble where I loaded up on some books. The afternoon was spent reading and cleaning up around the house. I finally cleaned up all the Mardi Gras beads!! I then headed out to the Palm Court where Leroy was playing.....had a couple glasses of wine and enjoyed some really good music.

Tomorrow is a half day for me. Gonna tackle the car issues big time. I heard from Mike (Lisa's husband) who ran my plates for me. (He is a State Trooper and a chip licker) The car is not stolen which is good. I did some research online and found out that the dealer had 20 days to get the title transferred. When I called in late Jan/early Feb, no work had been done to do that (this was according to the TX registars office) I also heard from the Ft. Worth police and I need to call them to file a police report. Fun times ahead!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We need to design a "chip licker" t-shirt.....

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go get 'em stacey! With any luck, they'll have to refund all your money, and you can go buy a fun scooter instead! :) -kristy

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home