Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

He is gonna take first in the bus driver rodeo

I am sitting on the bus this morning, reading my book as I do every work day morning. I look up to see where we are on the bus route, and boy did I pick a time to look up. This car, rather the driver must have decided that they could drive THROUGH the bus. We were about 3 blocks away from Louisiana street, the car was coming up a one way street, and they didn't stop at the stop sign as they tried to cross St. Charles. They smacked into the bus going maybe 20-30 MPH (that is a total guess on my part) they hit the right side of the door, the glass on the door completly shattered, skid along part of the bus and hit the tire. You could see the blue paint all along that side of the bus. The car looked like it exploded....I saw the impact, the pieces flying everywhere, the car spun around at least once, as it was in a revolution at one point, at the end it was facing almost the right way. Our bus driver (one of the nicest this city has by the way) was either swerving to miss the car, or the impact pushed the bus up on to the neutral ground....and how he managed to miss all the light poles, trees, and other hard items is amazing to me. I am of course totally grateful that he could miss all of those, as one of my fellow riders said, "If he had hit one of those poles, the people in the back of the bus would have been pushed back to uptown." It was scary as hell. The guy across the aisle from me, in the aisle seat fell out of his seat, hit his head on something, and said he afterwards "I wasn't sure what was going on at first, I was just hoping the bus was stopping soon" Our driver took down some names and numbers in case they need some more witnesses. An ambulance arrived, apparently there was a little girl in the car, not sure if she was in the front or back seat but her face was all bloody. I think the car may have smacked into a few other cars as well. Once we hit the neutral ground, I wasn't concerned about the car, it was will we stop on our own or will a pole stop us.

On a totally seperate note, someone asked in the comments if I had the title to the my car. No, that is the whole problem. I bought the car almost 5 months ago (in eleven days it will be 5 months) and the dealership has not sent me the title to the car and when I call to inquire on it, they give me the run around. "The person you bought the car from is no longer with the dealership, we should have it out to you shortly" the second time it was "let us look into it and we will get back in touch with you" the third time it was "the owner's briefcase was stolen and he had some titles to the cars in the briefcase. We are slowly recovering them and when we do we will get it to you" UMMMMM you can request a new title. I called the registar place in TX where they could do that and there has been NO attempts to do this. So I have a car that is title-less and it won't run correctly. My comment at the end of the last post "anyone want to buy a car" was a total joke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home