Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Monday, March 06, 2006

Just What I needed.

This weekend was so nice. It was the perfect way to wind down from the Mardi Gras madness that had consumed our lives. Friday night we went to Cafe Amelie on Royal St. It is across from the Cornstalk Hotel. It has a beautiful courtyard area, delicious food/drink, and with the music of John Boutte (with Leroy Jones and Todd Duke) it was even better. Rob Savoy, the former bassist for Cowboy Mouth was there with his wife!! We made it an early night, as in home by 12. Saturday was relaxing with a trip to the grocery store and to Tower so I could pick up Rent on DVD. We then watched the movie and relaxed the afternoon away. Earlier in the morning, I had gotten a text message from Craig telling me that the New Orleans Nightcrawlers were playing at Blue Nile. Kristen and I headed out to d.b.a. to catch some more of the trio from the night before. Uncle Lionel was there and got me to dance with him. After they finished up (they played the early set) we walked down to Blue Nile, just in time for the NONC set. Matt was in a funky mood, happy to be playing there I guess. He is off in Europe again for 2 more weeks. Uncle Lionel even showed up at Blue Nile!! There is nothing like hearing "Funky Liza" by NONC. Even if it was slow!! It was a nice night, again a fairly early evening, we left at the set break. Yesterday, I laid on the couch and read, and watched the Oscar coverage ALL.DAY.LONG. It was nice. I was happy my boy George won, and that Crash won best movie. As soon as I saw it in the theaters earlier this summer, I knew it had it wrapped up. My roomies were amazed I didn't bet on the Oscars cuz I called all the major winners before they were announced. I just like my Oscars that is all!! I do have to say that John Stewart annoyed the shit out of me to no end. Oh well....he was easy to zone out after awhile. Now its back to a full work week, I think I can handle it. :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

NONC! Color me envious!

Glad you had a nice weekend to wind down and wind into the work week. I'm unamused with work. Though I just caught myself dancing down the hallway as I listen to some of my LMF purchases on my iPod. I don't think anyone saw me. LOL

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home