Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Monday, July 10, 2006

And the Verdict is....

The doctor says that I just pulled a muscle. Most likely in my neck...the muscle that travels all down my spine to my lower back. They gave me a shot of something to help the inflammation that is going on in my muscles. Also a prescription for pain pills. To take at night. Um...what about the pain during the day???? I just took some tylenol.....he said resting too much will actually make it worse...that I should try to stay active. Let me tell you how much fun THAT has been. Hell just sitting here feels like I am being repeatedly kicked in the sides. Let me try to really explain this pain for ya'll....its like a constant charley horse in my lower back, one that you can't rub out, nor stretch out. Sometimes its more of a burning pain up and down my spine...sometimes for the fun of it?? Its both. My shoulders and neck are so tense and sore. I was informed by the doctor that sleeping on my stomach is a bad, bad, bad idea. Guess what I have been doing lately? Yup...sleeping on my stomach. To top off this wonderful day, on my way back from the doctors (which somehow I ended up paying for in full not sure how that happened) it started to rain. Now the place I went was about 5 blocks away, give or take. It started to rain. I of course did not have an umbrella. Why? Because I am an idiot. And when I say rain....I don't mean a sprinkle. I mean a full on down pour. We need the rain, but not when I am hobbling back to work.....wearing a white shirt. Seriously. Luckily I did have a sweater that I have been wearing......here are some of my co-workers "rumors" as to how I got hurt:
  • Wild Sex
  • injury while on the brass pole
  • freaky weekend

I don't need to tell you how they all reacted when I said "I think I did it when I went to pet my kitty goodbye" Is it no wonder I love working here??

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you WISH it was the first one though?

5:47 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Glad to hear that it wasn't anything too serious. Hope you feel better soon!

5:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How are those pain pills working out for you?

glad it wasnt anything too serious...you need a good massage...

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home