Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Monday, July 03, 2006

When the Lights Go Out

Yesterday around noon a storm rolled through here, sky to ground lightning, and lovely claps of thunder that went on for 20 minutes of a time. I guess that is a rolling thunder. One of the lightning strikes caused the power to go out for about 2 hours. I attempted to read a really boring book, I mainly just watched the storm and played with the cats. Power was restored for a few hours, then it went out again around 7. Again it was out for two hours. I had downloaded a game and played that for a while till my battery in the laptop died. Power did come back on, we had been sitting on the balcony and you could hear everyone up and down my street cheering when it came on. See when the power goes out, every tends to go outside hoping its cooler....luckily last night? It was. This morning....well its pouring and I have seen some lightning and can hear thunder right now. It looks like its about 8 PM outside right now. I am enjoying it, as we were in desperate need for rain. Hopefully the power will stay....if it doesn't that is okay. I will nap. I love days off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home