Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Could Jinx us all

Last year at this time....there had been 3 named storms. One actually meandered through NOLA...I would say roar or something to that effect, but considering what Katrina did to us a month and a half later? Cindy meandered. She hit the city as tropical storm on the morning of July 6th. I remember waking up at one point and watching the curtains as they blew out from the windows. My windows tend to bulge in high winds. When I woke up for work a few short hours later, debris littered the park across the street. Tree branches and what not. Power was out in spots through out the town. I was a regular on the streetcars last year, but on that day I had to take the bus. My walk down from Poydras to Julia St. I saw more of the same, debris everywhere. The wind was still whipping but not at the same force as it had in the earlier hours. It ended up being a normal day. Hot and humid by days end. We thought that was the worse the city was going to see. There was debate among the media as to if it was a tropical storm or a Cat 1 hurricane. So...here is my question...or thought to ponder. Since by this time last year we had experienced a storm....is it safe to think that we may actually be in for a calmer season than we had orginally thought? Or am I delusinal?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home