Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Monday, July 31, 2006

The Weekend into Monday Blues

The weekend was for the most part quiet. Actually, it was totally quiet. I am gonna go at this bullet style.
  • Friday after work I headed home and started in on the whole uploading my CDs to my computer. I am determined to see this project of mine finished. I got distracted for awhile while trying to find a Mulebone cd. The first one. The liner notes are there, the cd is not. I still can't find it and it is driving me totally nuts. Its not in the library, of course I may have to look more there tonight, not in my room, not at work, not in the car. It has just disappeared. It most likely has fallen into oblivion with my favorite tank top which I have not been able to find for months and months. I even broke the bottom drawer out in my dresser thinking maybe the tank fell back there. I have a feeling I may tear the room apart looking for both this evening because it is DRIVING.ME.NUTS.
  • Saturday Kristen and I headed out to Chalmette and did some wrecking. It was a hot day, but for me it was one of the easier houses that we have worked on. Yeah it was jam packed and the freezer was nastiess, smelliest thing EVAH. However overall? The house was easy to clean out. We have like 2-1/2 rooms that are yet to be cleaned out. The only thing that really really bugged me on Saturday? I was cleaning out a little utility room. It used to be the home of the freezer, washer and dryer. We had to knock down a wall (sheetrock) to even get in the room. Once the appliances were out I was able to shovel the muck out. The muck being the insallation, the ceiling that had caved in and other fun goodies. I am going along just fine....towards the end....a big rat went RUNNING out of the room. The rat doesn't bother me at all. We have come across this before. Instead of running out the doors to outside and freedom, it ran into the back rooms. I yelled out to the others so they knew a rat was coming. Everyone went on a break right after that. I kept working as I only had a few more shovels to go. One of the girls came in to help, right when I went for the last scoop, I heard a squeaking. I had almost shovelled up a baby rat. By baby I mean, eyes still closed ears still back, little bit of fur. I almost squished it. I picked it up (yes I had gloves on) from the pile and took it outside. The poor things sides were puffing out its little heart was breathing so hard. So scared. We cooled it off by sprinkling water on it. It wouldn't leave my hand. It kept clutching on to my fingers. It would burrow into my hand as much as it could. Someone came and told me they could hear the mama in one of the rooms. I took the baby in there and got it to squeak a few times, but we didn't see the mama again. Now I know rats aren't favorites, however this is a BABY! I got it to finally leave my hand in between some studs and where there was still some insallation. Soon after they moved the water heater from that room and they had to drain it in the process. I was afraid the poor baby was going to drown. Right before we left, I went and checked on the baby and it was okay, still nestled up and was moving about. I am going to believe that the mama came back for the baby after everyone left. That the baby isn't suffering and I am going to forget about the fact that I most likely shovelled the other babies up and dumped them in the debris pile.
  • Saturday night, relaxing and importing cds. I know the craziness of my life is out of control and everyone is so jealous.
  • Sunday will make ya'll even more jealous. I did laundry and imported even more CDS. I have 50 odd cds still to go. Will the craziness ever end? Not to fear...there will be some fun times ahead as Lisa and fam get to town in a few days.
  • What is it that screams out loud to everyone, when I am sitting down to eat my lunch at work with my book,come talk to me!! Seriously. I just want to read. Oh well. If that is my only complaint than I should be pretty darn happy. And I am.

Now that I have throughly bored people....I am gonna go obsess about the missing CD and tank top. Who knows? I could maybe find both tonight!

1 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

That happens to me when I try to read at lunch too. It's my lunch break people, leave me alone! lol!

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home