Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Monday, September 18, 2006

Where did it go?

blogger is being a bitch. either that or its my computer. blogger is saying that this post has been published but when I check my link? its not there. so I am trying it again. not that this is a terribly exciting or important post but its pissing me off.

I realized this weekend that we are half way through Sept. Which means that we are 3-1/2 months until the end of the year. Really where did 2006 go? I feel that since moving here time just flies by. I guess it really does fly when your having fun. Okay so the last half of last year was pretty much blur of emotions, numbness, and general WTF??? I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that a year ago I was hanging out at Dia and Randy's with my fellow evacuee's Leroy and Katja. Mind boggling almost. While in some aspects I feel like it was yesterday, and in others? I feel like it was years ago. So much has happened...so much will continue to happen. It is interesting how many people are bringing up resolutions that they came up with at NYE. Rockstar Mommy is the latest to do it. I went back through my blog and realized that for once? I didn't make resolutions. I just listed the things I was looking forward to....and boy...no wonder I don't remember much of the the year!! ;) I did everything on that list except 2 things....they won't happen as they were possible trips and well...can't afford that now. Its all good. There is plenty of time for that right?

I did experience a fairly uncommon event this weekend. It was called not doing much of anything at all. Really. Friday night the big event was going to the movies (Last Kiss, love it, depressing, funny, wonderful love both Zach Braff and my new movie star crush Michael Weston). Part of that night may or may not have included some spying on our neighbors. They were having a big fancy pants party (remember my neighbor was one of the millions running for mayor and was actually in the top 8 or whatever). They had spots blocked out in front of their house for no parking, however we may or may not have obsessed that the Mayor was coming. We don't know....we went to the movies. Saturday was a good solid day of wrecking. It was a small krewe but we go a TON done. There is of course more to do, as always but we all left feeling like we made some progress. I had planned on going to the Roller Derby that night but couldn't get my ass off the couch. Once I started watching "Lost Boys" all hope was lost. Sunday I was going to go help out with wrecking again...this time it was a NOLA blogger's home, but I couldn't muster the energy. That and I didn't have a ride. I really had to do some stuff around the house also. Like laundry. I know ya'll can just barely contain your excitement over my weekend right? It is rare that I have a quiet weekend at home, and I loved every second of it. Now if I could just sleep through the night? Life would be grand.

Now for the next 3-1/2 months? I have some things planned....not as crazy...but should be good:


  • My Boys should be playing at the Leaf in Oct.
  • Voodoo Fest
  • Fundraising events for Arabi Wrecking Krewe
  • Wrecking
  • Thanksgiving (which may or may not include going to the race track)
  • Roller Derby
  • Gretna Heritage Fest
  • Phoenix for Christmas

I know there is more but my brain isn't working correctly. I like this whole no resolution thing...much easier to enjoy life.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I fulfilled my resolutions: finish grad school, move to New York...ya know, I almost forgot that I had actually done things I set out to do. After going to NOLA (and finding my next destination) I forgot all about graduating and moving. It's funny how we let things consume our lives and in the end wonder if it was really worth all the hassle...

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home