Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Customer Service


For those of you that know me, if I get treated like crap at an establishment, I tend to piss and moan about it for awhile and never go back. The only exception being HOB (House of Blues). Why is that an exception? I have been lucky enough not to have to pay to see a show there since I have moved. One benefit to having friends in bands. There are 2 places here in NOLA that are losing my business. One I am actually undecided about. That would be Carrollton Station. I love the music that happens there. It is literally down the street from my house. The food isn't bad. The drinks are semi reasonable. The one bartender that is an asshole however? He ruins it every.single.time I am there. I was there a few weeks ago for a friend's birthday. I went up to the bar, it was slightly crowded but nothing out of control. There were two bartenders. I was standing at an empty spot at the bar. The guy bartender who was working that side? yeah he ignored me. Kept helping the people that came up to the middle of the bar. He saw me. We made eye contact yet he kept on serving those people. I waited for about 10 minutes. There were some people waiting behind me. The girl bartender had to come down from the other end of the bar to serve us. The guys behind me felt so bad that I had been waiting so long that they bought me my drink. Every time I go in there that guy is a complete and utter ass. I need to make a formal complaint about him or something. He has been there forever, even before Katrina.

The other establishment is Slim Goodies on Magazine. It is a pretty popular place, I know Kristen likes to go there as they have a good veggie selection. This past weekend was my second time there. You put your name on the list, as there is always a wait. The waiting area is 2-3 seats off to the side. Most people wait outside. When we got there, there was 5 people waiting right inside the door. 3 sitting 2 standing. We stood off to the side, right beside a booth. The lady taking the names, who turned out to be the owner, looked at us and said "there is no leaning on the booth" well neither of us was at the time we were a good foot away. Then she proceeds to say "I wouldn't let other people stand there if you were sitting in the booth so you have two choices, to go outside or go outside" then she turned and walked away. Now we wouldn't have minded waiting outside (even though it was colder than snot) but the way she phrased it? It ticked me off. I am pretty sure it kind of ticked Kristen off as well. So we stood outside and waited....pretty soon a group of 4 college girls come strolling up and go inside and put their name on the list. 2 of them proceed to LEAN on the booth...and the owner? She said NOTHING TO THEM!!!! I mean come on now. You can't tell a customer that they can't do something (when they weren't) and then let another customer do it. That is poor management skills. I was going to say something to her when we left, but she left before we did. I did have a chance to, but decided to bitch about it here instead. She was loud and obnoxious when inside (at that point it wasn't as busy) and said something to one of her workers that could have been taken very offensively by those who heard it. I know we found it kinda offensive. I have never seen such an unprofessional owner/manager. I know that is one place I won't be going back to, nor suggesting to people. The food may have been okay, but not good enough to have to put up with that crap!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home