Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Monday, November 27, 2006

Legen-waitforit-dary


It seems like it was weeks ago since my last post. In hasn't even been a full week. It has been non stop action since then. I don't know when I have enjoyed a Thanksgiving holiday so much. I truly hope that everyone had just as fantastic weekend as I did.

Wednesday after work, I went directly over to my friend's house for our big Thanksgiving day dinner. It was a wonderful evening catching up with a lot of people and hanging out with the coolest 3 year old I know. The food was amazing, the conversation even better. By the time I got home I just crashed, and crashed hard. You couldn't plan an evening like that, you just let it happen.

Thursday morning I watched a bit of the Macy's Parade, one year I will go to that. It can't be as exciting and adrenaline pumping as a Mardi Gras Parade, but it is still one thing I want to check out. I then headed on over to a friend's house that lives by the race track. We all enjoyed bagels, mimosa's, bloody mary's and even more great conversation before heading on over to the race track for opening day of the races. I saw even more people I knew there, got to enjoy the wonderful weather, only lost $6, and got to enjoy one of my favorite activities, People watching. Some people really got dressed up and had the coolest most amazing hats. The races ended in the early evening and I turned down a dinner of leftovers to go home and rest for a bit. I then headed out to the Leaf for an evening of music by the Trio and see some more people. It turned out to be another pleasant evening.

Friday I woke up nice bright and early for some insane reason. I ended up spending the day working on the neverending blanket and watching movies. Before I knew it, it was time to head back to the Leaf to work merch for Bonerama. It was the first time seeing most of the guys since their return from Vegas and Comic Relief. They all had some pretty fun stories to tell. They sounded just amazing. As my friend TF said "I could just listen to them all night every night"

Saturday came, and it was really spent sleeping and catching up with my roomie Kristen who had been gone for the past week. She literally came straight from the airport to the Bonerama gig. We checked out the art market in the park across the street, then it was out to hear more music. We checked out Leroy Jones and Katja out at Harrah's then went to my favorite new bar, Chickie Wah Wah. Terrance Higgins was playing. He is the drummer for Dirty Dozen and has been sitting in with Bonerama alot. He is a fantastic drummer and a very sweet wonderful man as well.

Sunday was spent out by the river. It was a concert of Thanksgiving featuring the Arabi Wrecking Krewe all stars and it was a thank you to all the Volunteers. The first set was probably my favorite, at least 20 people onstage, brass band style. I can't convey in words how wonderful yesterday was. Seeing so many people I knew, listening to great music, in the city I love. It was a nice way to end the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home