Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Past Lives

I am trying to figure out what I did wrong in a past life. That is the only thing I can think of that would cause all this bad karma. I spent Friday at home waiting for the plumbers to show up. They had called Thursday afternoon saying they would be there that evening (hahahahahahaha) or first thing in the morning. I was the one to stay home, Kristen is trying to get her bonus at work for not missing a day of work in the school year. (school is done Thursday) and our new housemate just started her new job. Therefore I got to stay home. It wasn't a vacation day, or a sick day (one in the same at my job) so there for I lost 8 hours of work. The plumber's idea of first thing in the morning was 10:30. At that point my work day would have been half over, as I work 6:30-3:00. By the time they left it was 1:00. Really no point in going to work then, by the time I caught the bus and got there it would have been 2. At least there is no more carbon monoxide (or however you spell it) leaking into the house, and we have hot water back. Saturday seemed okay until the racist old man harrassed us as we left the Bonerama gig that night. Once again Sunday was okay. Monday I walked into work to find my work laptop gone. It turns out that our office was broken into at some point after Sunday at 12:00 PM and 2:30 AM. They trashed the place and took a few computers and the petty cash. Somehow when they left, they dropped my computer and it ended up in one of the machine wells. It is working for the most part. It is covered in finger printing dust and oil that I can't seem to get off all the way, and as I am typing it will jump all over the place, some letters don't work very well sometimes. It is taking me longer to do everything because I am constantly having to go back and correct things. Once again I am ready for the shitness to be gone from my life. Apparently things aren't meant to ever go my way.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

not that I'm not sympathetic...because that all sucks...but you gotta realize you have control over some things and not others and it's easier to let go of the stuff you have no control over (ie some of my clients....really aggravating!!!) Hang in there! You'll be happier soon. Lisa

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home