Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Monday, July 30, 2007

Weekend

It happened it was fine. It wasn't as totally relaxing as I had hoped. After the week I had just had, was kinda hoping for a stress free weekend. I guess for the most part it was. Friday night we of course went to the Maple Leaf...heard Papa Grows Funk. Saturday I watched movies and tried to get some sleep. Unfortunetly there was a craft fair going on across the street in the park, and they had an entertainer for the children. Who sounded like he was standing below my window. Later that night we had a great dinner with some friends who had been overseas for gigs. It is always nice seeing them. Yesterday we went to see Hairspray the movie. The movie was cute just like the Broadway show. (still lacking something from the original moview but overall it was good) I think I would have enjoyed it just a bit more however if the following incidents hadn't happened before. The bus driver drove 5 mph down St. Charles turning a 20-30 min (depending on lights) bus ride into about 45 mins. The door on the bus wasn't working properly and it would slam open with a bang....everystop. for 45 minutes. I had a pounding headache....the rain started on the way there. I was glad I remembered my umbrella. except it wasn't in my purse. yeah...it was still sitting on my bed. I had picked it up to put in my bag, in fact I think it was in my bag, but I took it out to look for change for the bus, then forgot to put it back in. It was pouring by the time we got to Canal Street. The walk to Canal Place was not pleasant. Slip slidding in flip flops. We were soaked by the time we got to the theatre. Of course on the way home we go the same bus, with the slamming door. At least it wasn't the same driver, cuz I swear the other one was drunk!! It was just a bunch of little aggravations that has continued on to this morning. Like my bra strap breaking. At least I was still at home when that happened. :) And at least the Mulveys will be in town at some point today. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home