Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Ch-ch-changes

The Great Mofo Delurk 2007

There is something I need to try to understand. Why are some people afraid of changes? Big or small, they tend to freak out. I tend to get tired of "well we used to do it this way" or "it hasn't been done that way". I am not just talking about work, but in general life as well.

I do admit change is scary, I get that. It is a part of life however. I am always looking for ways to change my life, hopefully in a better vein. I sometimes crave for change. Obviously it isn't a huge issue, since I made the trek across the United States with no job and no where to live. Yes I wasn't happy about moving recently. It wasn't because of the change aspect of it. It was of the physical "I have to move".

I feel like a change needs to be made soon again. I don't know what. No I will not consider moving out of New Orleans, this is my home. Whatever it is I am sure I will embrace it.

3 Comments:

Blogger zoot said...

I sometimes liked change too much in the past - but I'm learning that change for the sake of change isnt necessarily good, but it's also not something to be afraid of!

6:31 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hmmm, that was a curiously mysterious post.....Your not becoming Republican are you?!?!?!

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Change comes with a "uncertainty" stigma. For instance, I'd really like to change jobs but I am uncertain if I will have it as good somewhere else as I do here (i.e. 4 weeks vacation, unlimited sick time, benefits, etc.) Someday I'll bite the bullet perhaps and see that change was exactly what I needed, but for now I'm comfortable.

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home