Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Friday, September 14, 2007

The Paulettes

Last night was a lot of fun. I was suprised and happy to see Craig Klein join Paul last night. I know Bonerama hits the road today, they are playing in Denver tonight and for some reason I thought they would have left already. So I was glad to have the sweet sounds of Craig mixed in with Paul's. Matt Perrine and his mama even showed up to take in the music. It was a wild and crazy night. Paul was playing the most random mix of music. At one point he even said he was "feeling sassy" wonder where he got that from??

Paul is the time of guy who is happy to have lots of people show up for his gigs. The set up at d.b.a isn't really condusive for a loud gathering when music is playing. Some nights people show up and are there to drink and talk and not listen to the music. (There is another side of the bar where this kind of action would be totally fine in) Last night, there was A LOT of talkers. Most of them showed up towards the end, so Paul would make is subtle comments about people talking over his music....nothing like I have heard from other people. On his last song (Foot of Canal Street) he asked people to sing along. So those of us up front did. We weren't very loud, and Paul said "I don't think the talkers heard you" So when it came time for the chorus again.....I YELLED it out....in a sing songy way of course. Of course none of us could stop laughing and didn't make it very far into the chorus. Paul and Craig kept it going. The next time the chorus came back around Kristen, Melissa, myself and Grace BELTED it out. By the time the song was over, Paul could barely sing he was laughing so hard. He dubbed us the Paulettes. I think my throat is now feeling normal again.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home