Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Monday, October 08, 2007

Wow...It's Monday???


It was long, fun, and crazy. The weekend.....

  • Friday night I went over to Ms. Grace's house for a party. It had fun mix of people and was a nice way to start out the evening. I had to leave kinda early because I had to organize the Merch for the gig that night. Bonerama finally played at home again after 4 months. Never, ever do I hope that they are away that long again. While I understand the need for them to go out and hit the road, the Trombone Gods of New Orleans are greatly missed in the city. However the sound they produced on Friday? You could tell they were happy to be home. It was really a bone rattling sound. The new songs are fantastic and the crowd really dug them. The evening was capped off with some fun at the Maple Leaf.
  • Saturday found some sleep happening but not much. I had a meeting at WWOZ in the afternoon. I am going to be co-producing the membership drive for a few hours. If you want to hear me on the radio listen in on Thursday the 11th @ 4, Saturday the 13th @ 2 and Monday the 15th @ 4. www.wwoz.org I may make a fool of myself and have NO clue why Fred would want me to do this...but I am. Later that night we were going to sell Merch for 101 Runners however they decided since there were so much going on that night (birthday's, wedding parties) that everyone was just going to have fun. And we did. Almost too much fun.
  • Sunday we had some amazing and awesome seats for the Saints game. Sadly the boys lost, but damn was it a nail biter. It was a hard game to be part of....although the crowd energy in the dome is just incredible. We left the game with 3 minutes to go so we did miss the heartbreak kick. We made our way to Gretna in time for Bonerama's afternoon set at the fest. Interesting crowd.....they really dug the bone however!!
  • Rest tonight and tomorrow and it all starts up again on Wed!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home