Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Monday, March 10, 2008

Incredible

Last night was my final on air slot for the WWOZ spring membership drive. It was an amazing night. First I thought it was kinda funny that the DJ from the previous show was a lady that I had sold a Bonerama shirt to at the last Rock-n-Bowl gig. Second I found out right before our show started that Deacon John was coming in. Are you kidding me?? That man is an incredible musician. He came in about 20 mins into the show and stayed the whole time. He is so so so sweet. I can't explain what it was like to be sitting in the studio with him, and have him play live. There were only 2 other people in the room at the time. I do realize that there were a ton of people listening online and on their radios but it was like a private concert. To hear him talk about his life and everything he does was so interesting. He gave me a HUGE hug at the end and said that there need to be more young people out there like me to keep the New Orleans music and heritage alive. I am going to do my best.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sooo cool!!

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home