Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Friday, May 20, 2005

Holy Hell

I screwed up at work yesterday. Nothing overly major. I just wasn't thinking, and it came back and bite me on the ass big time. I didn't even think about it till this morning when I got to work and had a nasty email from one of my bosses. A client we were pitching had his assistant call us yesterday afternoon to ask if we had recieved the email he had sent earlier that day. No sooner than I hang up with her, telling her I would check it, Jim called (he is New York until tonight) He said he did not receive it, and to call them and have them resend it. Which I did. I left a message for the prospective client. He called me back, within minutes. He said he would resend and I asked him to include me on the email. He said he would and asked if I could let him know as soon as I got the email. I was also to let both of the partners in New York know (they weren't together at the time) that I recieved the email. So I responded to the client "got it am forwarding it to Jim and Robbie, thank you." as I was dialing the phone for Jim. How professional is that email NOT??????? I am stunned and upset that I sent it that way. Jim sent me a very long very mean email back. I don't even know if the prospective client even gave it a second thought. However it was so wrong of me to send the email that way . There is nothing I can do to undo it. I apologized to Jim and promised it wouldn't happen again. I can't believe I did that. I am dreading his phone call later today. Thank god its Friday. I need a drink already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home