Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Monday, June 13, 2005

Sleep. I need sleep.

Cup o joe #2 is now being downed. I have a very strong feeling I am going to go and get a coke as soon as its gone. I am anxiously awaiting 5:00 so I can go home and crash. I shouldn't be complaining, it was a very good weekend. Friday night I went down to the Maple Leaf and was there by 10:30ish. I had talked to Mark right before I left in which during that time he informed me "Oh yeah, we are almost out of T-shirts, I need to get Phil to send some more" Yet another reason why he shouldn't be allowed to touch the merchandise. ;) There were a total of 3 shirts left. All of the 2XL. I lost a couple sales because they people didn't want shirts that big. Hopefully they will be up on the website soon. My fingers are crossed. The night was a lot of fun as I knew a ton of people there, Roger and Elise, Diane and her husband Steve (I think that was his name), Annette and her brother, and Carrie and Adam. Yes they finally got to make it to a Bonerama show. I think this was the first time they had made it to a Maple Leaf show. Anyway, we all had a blast. Everyone was in rare from. During the break both Mark and Craig made a beeline to Adam. I think actually what Mark said was "where is that crazy Adam?" And then with both Kelly and Adam together, I thought I was gonna pee myself I was laughing so hard. The guys sounded fantastic of course, although in my opinion, it was a much better sound than the past few times. When they played "Funky Liza" (a NONC song) I about had to be hosed down. I mean I LOVE that song. I named my cat Liza after the song. Although I did tell Craig later that only he should be singing. It just didn't sound right with the rest of the guys singing the chorus as well. He said that was because I was just to the NONC version. I finally made it home around 3:30. Carmen had just gotten home as well so we chatted in our stupor for a bit. I think I crashed around 4:30 or so. Then was awaken at 7:30 by the cats, then again at 9:30 as Carmen ran out the door to work. At that point, even though I was tired, I got up. I didn't go very far, I spent most of the day watching TV Land. They had on some great old shows that I hadn't seen in awhile like "Welcome back Kotter", "Perfect Strangers", "Head of the Class" there were a few others, and totally perfect for zoning out to. Later I got sucked into "Into the West". After that was over, I went out to Donna's to see Leroy play. It was his last time at Donna's for pretty much the summer. He leaves this Saturday for Finland, and will be there, Ascona and a few other places. He comes back on the 19th, then plays at Donna's on the 23rd, then is going to Thailand for a few weeks. I wanna go too. I asked him to bring me back some Thai food as I can't find any great Thai food here. It was another later night, this time the kitties woke me up at 7:00, then I was up at 10:30. I finally got my butt moving at 12:00 in which means I started scrubbing the kitchen. I think I spent at least 2 hours in there. As well...the roomies before and I aren't big on cleaning all the time. I mean we would load the dishwasher, and I would wipe down the counteres at least once a week. I scrubbed the stove, the microwave and generally inhaled cleaning fumes for a while. I then moved a few things around in the dining room and living room. Getting ready for Heather to move in today. I also finally moved into the other bathroom. No more sharing of a bathroom!!! I can also now see the floor in my bedroom. After the cleaning was done, I ran over to Adama and Carrie's for a bit, as he wanted to hear the Mulebone CDs. I then finally took a shower around 6:30 and ran out the door to head out to the Rock-n-Bowl. I had a nice space for merch, right by the door, as people came up the steps. Alot of the "industry" people hadn't heard of Bonerama so they got a education real fast. There were so many positive comments, right after the guys started. I always love to hear other people rave about the band, however last night was much more special. These were producers, sound engineers, and many others. Mark's singing voice sounded the best I have heard it in a LONG time. I also got to talk to Lori, Eric's girlfriend, she took care of me, bringing over the free beer!! It was the first time I have met her, and she was a KICK!! These guys have the most wonderful fans/friends surrounding them. I was home around 11ish....that alarm going off was way too early this morning. Oh well. Oh and Mark had the nerve to say "Aren't you coming with us to CO???" So cruel devil boy...so cruel. I would LOVE to be in CO, not only to help them with the merch sells, but to see Mom and Dad. Especially since it is Father's day. Crap. I need to find my dad a present.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that sounds like such a fun weekend! The exhaustion your feeling today is worth it! ANd you'll have plenty of time to recover now since Lee and the Bones will be gone for awhile...

Rest up for August! 65 days till we hit town!

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like another FANTASTIC weekend! Lori is terrific. I got to meet her in LR. I'm so excited everything went so great for the guys this weekend. Hope you can get some rest.
-Janice

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home