Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

End of an Era.


You know how when you meet some people, and you just know they are suppose to be in your life? That would be Adam and Carrie. I met Carrie 2 years ago while vacationing in New Orleans. She is a fellow Cowboy Mouth fan, and we met at the instore they did at Tower. We hung out that night at Carrollton Station for a Lonesome Travellers show. (That's Paul and JTG of Cowboy Mouth acoustic) Carrie had just started dating Adam the month before, so they were on the phone alot that night. Carrie and I kept in touch via email after I went back to Seattle. Last year, when trying to find places to live, I would sent Carrie and Adam (who was by then living here) the addresses and they would go check the area out to me. Right after I moved here, we started hanging out. The second time I met Adam, I almost killed him with the move into my apartment. Moving in August, up stairs, in New Orleans is NOT recommended. In a weird twist, the one place I didn't have them check out for me, is the place I ended up moving into. It also ended up being 4 blocks from their house. There were a lot of evenings hanging out over there, just causing trouble. They have both been a great support system to me, moving to a city where I knew practically no one. And now today, at some point today, they are hitting the road to Oxford, MS where Carrie is attending Law School. Its only 5 hours away...but still. No more those spontaneous outings. Who else is going to go to every Mardi Gras parade with me? Stalking movie stars with? Wanderings through Wal Mart? Runs to the store for wine? *sigh* They will hopefully be back for my birthday celebration and Voo Doo Fest. and I am hoping that I can make it up to visit them as well. Without a car now, it may be a bit more difficult. I said my good byes last night, as I helped them pack a bit. I was okay...until Adam, yes Adam started crying. Then both Carrie and I did. He is really a sweet boy. They both are very very sweet and wonderful and will be missed. They are very very dear to me.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And now I'm crying.

New Orleans will certainly not be the same without them.

Thanks for introducing me to these two amazing people!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I also live in NO. Whereabouts are you? I am on the Westbank because living in the city would give me nervous tics. Too much shooting for me. :)

9:16 AM  
Blogger boneramafreak said...

I live Uptown..at the end of the streetcar line. Its a nice area...

Just heard from them...last trip from storage is done, all they have left is to load Carrie's car and they are on the road. :(

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWWW! I got all teary eyed too! New Orelans won't be the same without Carrie and Adam! :(
-kristy

2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home