Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Thunder or Lightning....and baby said...


A crack of thunder woke me up this morning. Followed by lightning flashes. I thought it had to have been 5 or so, but it was really time to get up, it was 6:45. It was dark, dark, dark. All morning as I was getting ready, it was one long continous rumble and constant flashes of thunder. We lost power several times, for no more than a minute. Amazingly there wasn't any rain. Yet. As I was getting ready to walk out the door, I realized that my umbrella, was in Adam's car. Oops. Luckily my roomie was awake, and she had an umbrella I could borrow. Then she made a great offer....to give me a ride to work. That really made my morning. We walked outside and it was then a downpour. By the time we got to work, it wasn't raining as bad. Yet it is still dark, dark, dark outside and I can still hear thunder. Can't see the lighting, but I am sure its out there.

Yesterday continued to get worse and worse. I felt as though I was spiralling into the pit of despair. Work got insanely busy. I got a call from the landlord's people saying we had to come and sign the lease last night, and many many many other things. We have an issue with our energy bill, that it almost doubled this past month. Could be when our AC was fixed, it now doesn't seem to turn off. Its set at 78 now. And the house is way cooler than that. So it should be shutting off for a bit. It was giving my already pounding head a sledgehammer to work with. Things got a bit better when I got the heck out of the house. I walked up to the little store, grabbed a six pack of beer and headed to Adam and Carrie's. Adam had asked me to come and "get Carrie the hell out of the way" He was packing the U-haul and wanted to do it himself. So Carrie and I went to Maesperos, Cafe Du Monde, and Virgin for a bit. I got home, and was immediatly back in the AC hell as one of my roomies wanted to keep talking about it.

The day has so far been a bit better, however I just got a call from my dad. They decided to just try and sell the car they were going to give me, at the garage sale they are having this weekend. There are too many problems, muffler, cracked windshield. Things they were going to have fixed, but its turning out to cost more than the car is worth. *sigh* And I am now about ready to throw my phone out the window as someone keeps trying to fax the the wrong line. Things could be worse I guess. A lot worse. Yet somehow that doesn't comfort me right now. Happy freakin birthday month to me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your a/c pain. My kids, unbeknown to me, had their a/c's set at 64 for the past month. You dont even want to see my electric bill.

Don't get too down...think of all the positives in your life...hey at least your not still in Seattle!

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home