Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Happy Birthday Louis Armstrong!!!

104 years ago today, Louis Armstrong was born. So to celebrate, here in his home town of New Orleans, there will be a birthday cake in Armstrong park. With 104 candles. That's happening at 10:30,so soon. That little celebration, kicks off Satchmo Fest....nothing but good music all weekend long. There are many many many things going on, lectures, brunches, mass on Sunday, did I mention music? Tomorrow night is the club strut on Frenchmen's street. I love Frenchmen's. Full of the coolest clubs. I don't believe I am going to do the entire club strut. I will most likely end up going to see just the Storyville Stompers. Saturday and Sunday, I have a rough idea of who I want to see. After the week I have had...I am ready to just unwind with good music, some good food, and some good drinks. After this weekend? Only one more left of my 20s. Oh and 2 weeks from today? Trouble rolls into town.
Head on over to wwoz Thursdays are the best music days IMHO. Today, so far is no exeption.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home