Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Back from NOLA

Its overwhelming. I can't describe it. The pictures we took can't describe it. Its a city fighting to revive. The grass is dead, the trees are dead, the plants are dead. I didn't recognize the city at first. I just kept saying "oh shit, oh shit, oh shit" when we pulled off the freeway and were heading down to my house. It was a comment repeated often. I was very very lucky. All I lost was every script of every play I have ever worked on, from High School to a year ago (over 7 years worth). I lost a lot of my mementos from High School and College. In the end its just stuff, but it was my stuff. Stuff that meant something to me. I feel guilty for being upset that I had to toss alot of things, when some people lost a whole lot more than me. Its a hard balance. I had to throw away all the stuffed animals I kept, hoping one day to give to my kids. The weird thing is....some of the storage tubs? Didn't get any water in them. AT ALL. They may have been light enough, and they floated on the water. So my High School diploma? It was dry. It was amazing. We spent the first day cleaning out the basement. Then exploring the city and hanging out with friends. The next day, (yesterday) Dia and I scrubbed all the storage bins (we have the bleach burns to prove it) while my sister cleaned the fridge. There was no way we could do it, Dia and I. But she did it. I have the best sister in the world. I am so glad that Dia and Lisa went with me. It did help. Here is the link to the pictures from Lisa's camera. Dia took some as well, she has a few different ones, such as the bugs in the fridge. http://boneramafreak.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album01

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is nothing I can say that can make you feel better. Just sending lots and lots of hugs from the Mulveys. Even Jimmy sat here and looked at your pics.

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. there really are no words. thanks for sharing those, stacey

kiki

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow stacey-- those are some crazy pictures. I'm so sorry you lost so many irreplaceable things. But I'm glad you were able to go back, and get the ball rolling on your triumphant return.
-kristy

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crazy shit, but I know your happy the upstairs stuff was mostly fine wasnt it? By the way at Home Depot they sell masks that are made for Black mold, I guess its too late to tell ya now. They are about $45 each but definately worth every penny. You can clean with ammonia and never even smell it, thats how good they work. I have one and promise you its a great thing.
I can't believe the water marks on the side of your house, That was a relief. Of course its still bad, but it looked like only a few feet.
Was everything excluding the fridge okay? ADG

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home