Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

New Stress

Its a never ending feeling lately. For the past 6 weeks. Holy crap...its been 6 weeks since that bitch Katrina slammed us. Actually...6 1/2 weeks. The newest stress? I read yesterday that as of Oct 25th, landlords can start evicting tentents for partial damage to their places. Then they can fix the place up and rent it out again for a higher price. Do you know how bad it sucks to know that there is partial damage to your house and this could be happening? I actually didn't think about it too much yesterday during the day. The landlord's even called yesterday and asked when I was gonna be in the city. I said Friday, she said "we'll talk then" No biggie. I called my roomie to see what if anything she had done at the house. Nothing yet, other than finding out we now have power (whoo hoo!!!) the water is "good" and the AC isn't working quite right. So. Techinically I could go home, and stay home. But now? Knowing that after the 25th my ass could be booted? I will wait. The only reason I started to get more stressed was from what my roomie said. She had also heard from the landlord's and in the message that was left with her was "we need to talk about some issues with the house" Hopefully its just more of the "don't go into the basement" kinda things...but it may not be. I don't know what I am gonna do if I get booted from that place. Its home.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to let you know I've been thinking about you today and wondering how its going back in NOLA.

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home