Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Cali

I got back from Cali this past Tuesday. It was a fun, fun time. Just what the doctor ordered. Except for the getting the nasty cold part. That was/is no fun. Anyway, so I flew into San Fran on Wed morning. We got to Sac around noonish. Vanessa was getting off work early, and wasn't quite home yet. So I turned on the TV to watch "Days of Our Lives" (which I have totally been sucked back into this past month) It wasn't quite on yet, the noon news was just about to finish up. And guess who they interviewed not 2 minutes after I turned the TV on? Mr. Matt Perrine of Bonerama. And guess what else? Almost all the guys were there, and they played a little "Crosstown Traffic" I was quite amused by the fact that they were there. Vanessa showed up soon after Sami's wedding was delayed (again) and we went out for food and coffee. The Bonerama gig that night at the Radisson Grove was a ton of fun. It was very nice to get to see the guys finally. Also to get to see Phil and Donna. And to meet Lisa, her husband and children. The guys played a few more standards than I was used to hearing them play, but I loved it. Vanessa loved it as well. The next day Vanessa and I got pedicures and I got to see a bit how much the area has GROWN. I had been back to Sac 2 years ago for our 10 year reunion, but it just seems to keep growing and growing! We had a mellow evening which was much needed. Friday I hung out at the apartment till it was time to hit the road for San Fran again. Vanessa had me drive part way, she really hates bridges. I mean really HATES bridges. I have no problem with them....but you have to remember I haven't been driving that much in the past 2 years, and dealing with the traffic on the bay bridge while trying to get directions is NOT a good idea. We made it to the hotel in one piece, then headed out to the Boom Boom Room with Kristy and Greta. I was glad to finally meet Michelle finally!!! And of course to see Jodi again. One of my sister's old friends from HS even came by. As Mark said during the first set of the gig "we aren't fuckin around" It was killin. Really. Although I missed part of the 2nd set...we had to take Vanessa back to the hotel. Oops. Little bit too much. Saturday I had breakfast with my sister's friend, I guess my friend too. Then Kristy and I began the trek to San Diego. It took a tad longer than it needed too...but we had fun. And some good entertainment as the evening wore on. The show in San Diego was beautiful. I know the guys sounded good..but damn, it was beautiful. I got to see Sarah and finally meet Jason!! We had a great time and had to say goodbye after awhile, to make the trip back. Kristy, the more obviously crazy one of us, had to work the next day. We made it back to her home with an hour before she had to be to work. CRAZEE. I love the little town she lives in. It was very cute and surrounded by vineyards. A wino's heaven. I even got to see her cute classroom!! I felt all special.

It was really a good time, and there were times when I did forget about reality. But now, we are back. But the reality is improving. I am going back to NOLA on the 13th with my sister and Dia. To salvage. See if my house is livable. Hopefully in the next few recent months...I will be home for good. And that will be nice.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you got to make the trip, I'm sure it felt so good to get away and take your mind off of reality for a few days.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for your return, that you house sustained minimal damange and the water and electricity are up and running for you!.

5:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ME, the crazy one? I think NOT!

And you are 'special' :P

your'e the ONLY person thus far to see my classroom and new place! of course there is not much to see right now, but just wait until I pile all my crap in there! it will be the west cost bone freak headquarters! with wine service!
It was great to see Vanessa again--
Greta thinks she was super fun! although she hasn't come up with a name for her yet...she's no dead brenda. :D

-kristy

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home