Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Private Eyes

So yesterday Zoot and RSM both discussed "censorship" on their blogs. I have really NO idea who reads this here blog. Okay I know a few people, my sister, Kristy, Marisa, Lisa, and random smatterings of others. As far as I know...that is all who reads. I don't feel the need to censor what I say, because most of those people know me. And by know me, I mean in my real life. There are things I DON'T blog about, because if I wanted them to know I will tell them in person. Or on the phone or whatever. I obviously don't use any splashy pseudonym, nor do I really change anyone's name. Yeah that could get me in trouble one day I suppose. However if I blog about people in my real life and they don't want their name on here, all they have to do is ask and it will be omitted.

I may be naive when it comes to putting things on the internet. Don't get me wrong, I don't go advertising my address or phone # or anything. But when it comes to trusting people. I think part of that comes from when I first started really getting into the internet. I started posting on a board, it had just been started, it was for an obsession of mine, okay it was for Harry. Anyway...when the board first started it was really a little community. We all got to be friends....not only online but in real life as well. Some of the people I met through that board are now some of my closest friends. Hell, if it wasn't for that community I really don't know where I would have gone when I evacuated out of here in August. I met Dia and Randy through that community. And the people of that community really helped out not just the musicians down here, but myself as well. Now that board isn't nearly the same as it was when it first started several years ago, so I am glad was part of it at the beginning. We all shared a lot of things that we now wouldn't......

I won't really go into politics or religion here, cuz that isn't my thing. I do talk about things I like here, things I am really passionate about. The music down here, the food, things that mean something to ME. It may also mean something to the reader....it may not. In all honesty, I don't care. I write this for me. Yes I do some "advertising" or "getting the word" out on things like where my favorite bands are playing....or the work Arabi Wrecking Krewe is doing....someone out there in cyberspace that I don't know, may read it and care...and that is cool.

When it comes right down to it....it is all about me right? ;) So if you are out there reading this, and I know you, HOLLA!! Say hi every once in awhile...it doesn't hurt. If I don't know you, say hey everyonce in awhile too....this is pretty much what you see is what you get.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wasn't there in the beginning and I'm glad you stuck arond long enough to get to know me - your long lost twin sister :) ha ha ha. Scary thing is we met b/c of it and look alike and according to Lisa we even sound alike. Which is creepy, but in a good way.

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you dress alike. It freaks me out.

Work is the one thing I wont blog about...I may mention it from time to time in passing but I dont want to put down anything that could get me in trouble at work. The only people I worry about reading my blog are Jimmy's friends (dont want them to know what nerds jimmy's parents are), Connor's friends parents (dont want them to think I'm a big psycho) and anyone I work with....otherwise I dont really care....

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and you know I can't blog about work or personal life-hahahah...I'd write and put in a book instead! Lisa

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Lisa, they say everyone has a soul mate. Unfortunately for Stace and I we're girls and aren't les-bin-ins. But at least when i win the lottery and we can live near each other we can share our Old Navy wardrobes :)

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello
Stacey
This is Wynton, I play jazz and am from a musical family in New Orleans. Harry Connick and I know each other, I often rub the sun screen on his back, even when it's raining. HC loves the lotions, and my hands are buttery soft. I appreciate your blog alot, but would like to hear more about your friend Adam Gibson. I think he is a "SUPA STAR".
Keep up the good work.
Wynton Marsalis

www.wyntonmarsalis.net

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home