Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Monday, May 01, 2006

The worst thing ever to forget.


I got on the bus this morning still pretty much asleep, the bus pulled away from the curb. I opened my book to start reading when I realized. I forgot to put on deodorant this morning. How in the HELL do you forget to do a thing like that?? Once I got to my stop I walked up to the closest store, a gas station and bought some. I didn't want to run or walk fast, cuz I sure has hell didn't need to start sweating. Its a good thing they had some, cuz its HOT out again today. So I am gonna do some quick recaps on Jazz Fest. Eventually all the pics I have taken will be up, when I have some time. That includes French Quarter Fest. As I have stated before, in the past week and a half, I have been home to sleep, shower, and change clothes. Probably never home for more than 6 to 7 hours at most.

  • Thursday night, Bonerama instore at Louisiana Music Factory (my crack store) it was packed and a lot of fun. Phil, Donna, Tom and I then went to Southport for the George Porter Jr. and the Runnin Pardners set. The night ended at around 3:30 AM or so. Why did I stay so late? Cuz I was helping. Phil is the manager for both Bonerama and George Porter Jr.
  • Friday my alarm went off at its normal time of 6:00 AM. I said, "oh HELLLLLL no" turned it off and went back to sleep. I thankfully woke back up at 8:15 and was able to call work and say they wouldn't be seeing me that day. We made it out to the fairgrounds around 12:30 where we (the krewe from the night before) gave out koozies promoting George Porter Jr and Bonerama. We were out there for about 2 hours, right outside the gates. We gave out 300 or more. We then went inside and I immediately headed for the crawfish bread stand where I was in heaven for the 4.5 seconds it took me to consume my food. We found a spot of grass at the Acura stage. I took in 2 songs of Bob Dylan, then headed across the grounds to the Southern Comfort stage where Cowboy Mouth was playing. In an eerie twist, when playing "Hurricane Party" the power went out on that stage. Coincendince? I dunno. All I know is the crowd had a great time, and after a 10 minute delay, we were back to rocking. I don't know if I have still recovered from seeing Fred's ass however. We all met up again and headed out of the grounds....we had to get on the road to Layafette for the Bonerama gig. The club they played at was so much fun. The people working at the bar were so freakin cool and so excited to have the guys there, it was very nice. I was dropped off at the house at 4:30 AM.
  • Saturday, we had a slower start to the day. The wind was blowing something fierce. There was severe storm warnings for later in the evening. By late evening there were even tornado warnings. Our krewe was down one as Donna decided to pass on the fairgrounds that day. By the time we got to the fairgrounds, around 1:30, Phil decided that we would just go inside and enjoy the music. So that we did. We split up again to hear different music. I went to see Leroy. The guys caught up with me there for a bit. The wind? still blowing. People were covered in dust. Just covered. In your mouth, eyes, ears, hair, if you were smart and had sunscreen on? It stuck to that. It was a gritty day but it didn't stop the music. After Leroy's set, Leroy, Katja and I wandered the grounds for a bit. It was then time to leave. We had a little bit of time, so the guys and I cleaned up a bit, we got a little bit of a peep show from the people in the hotel across the way. Seriously people....you need to make sure the blinds are CLOSED before you get in the showers!! Not just one room, but THREE!! And not one person used the bathrooms/showers but several. We then walked down the street to Howlin Wolf for the Bonerama/PBS (Porter Batiste Stoltz) show. The place was packed and the sets were smokin. Another late night, this time in around 3:30 or so.
  • Sunday, we got out the fairgrounds at 12:00 and by 2 had given out all the koozies. (good thing more are arriving today or tomorrow) In we went to enjoy Rebirth Brass Band, Ingrid Lucia, and the Meters. Well, Tom didn't. He went to see The Boss. After the fest, we finally for the first time in 3 days had dinner. We were having one meal a day and it was usually something from the fest. Last night? Mother's. It was then off to Republic to see Bonerama and Papa Grows Funk.

That just leaves me at work today. I am gonna miss the Bonerama in store at Tower. That is at 3:00 today. I kinda hate missing it. Even though I have just seen them so many times, and have many more chances in the next week. Last year though we worked the crowd, handing out Bone necklaces....everyone loves those. Oh well. Tonight Bonerama is at Tips for a short set. Tomorrow is a day of rest musically. Then we start all over again on Wednesday. I totally love this time of year and am so glad that it is happening.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you're still alive! This time last year I was getting ready to come to new orleans!
Sleep when you're dead...or when no one is looking! :)
-kk

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm tired just from reading that!

Go you!!!! Your a JF pro now! Rest up today!

That CM thing gave me goosebumps...freaky...totally freaky!

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home